The Indian car market has been growing significantly over the past few years. However, the market witnessed its worst fall of 21.07% in 2020 over 2019 due to the COVID-19 pandemic-induced restraints and the resuming of business operations revived the passenger cars market with a slight growth of 4.77% in 2021 over 2020. While the demand for fossil fuel vehicles is declining gradually, the share of electric passenger cars grew to 4.86% in 2021 from 3.33% in 2020. An increase in the electrification of vehicles and the banning of fossil fuel vehicles by 2035 is expected to boost the Indian passenger cars market in the future.
April 2023 Carmaker sales Detailed Report:
1. Maruthi Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki sold 1,37,320 units in April 2023 and registered 12.6% YoY growth over 1,21,995 units sold a year ago.
- 3.4% MoM growth over 1,32,763 units sold a month before.
- Volume gain stood at 15,325 units YoY and 4,557 units MoM.
- Maruti has a lion’s share in this PV segment with 41.4%.
- Last Month Hyundai sold 49,701 units, In this list Hyundai took 2nd spot.
- Hyundai saw 13% YoY growth as opposed to 44,001 units sold a year ago, the company witnessed a 1.8% MoM decline as opposed to 50,600 units in March 2023.
- Market share stood at 15% for Hyundai.
3. Tata Motors:
- Tata fell short of 2,691 units against Hyundai and took 3rd spot.
- It was Close numbers of units against Hyundai
- This thing Happen 3rd time while Tata beat Hyundai in 2nd spot.
- Tata witnessed 13% YoY growth and 6.7% MoM growth with 47,010 units sold last month.
- Volume growth stood at 5,420 units YoY and 2,963 units MoM and held a market share of 14.2%. With 34,694 units sold
- Mahindra witnessed a staggering 56.8% YoY growth over 22,122 units sold a year ago.
- Sales fell short MoM by 3.6% as March 2023 witnessed 35,976 Mahindra on the road.
- Because of long waiting period, this will happen on Mahindra.
In this blog we mention top 4 car company in detailed also in this list below given the table we mention last year sale and current year sale also last month versus this sale figures, also we mention market share value of cars manufacturer like last year versus current year and last month versus this month.
April 2023 Sales Volume by all Car Brands:
Market Share Comparison:
In India, the total car sales in April 2023 stood at 3,31,509 units as against 2,93,034 units with a YoY positive sales increase of 13%. In this blog we are explained about the sales and market share of Indian carmakers and this blog will be continuing every month so keep following our blog.