The public can now book a COVID-19 vaccination session over WhatsApp, according to the Indian government. Vaccination slots can be reserved using WhatsApp. Mansukh Mandaviya, India’s Minister of Health, verified the news in a tweet. Sending a WhatsApp message to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk is one way for users to do so. Will Cathcart, the CEO of WhatsApp, confirmed the news as well. Let’s have a look at how you can use WhatsApp to schedule COVID-19 vaccine slots.
Covid 19 Vaccination Slot Booking Via WhatsApp:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to book vaccination slots via WhatApp with ease.
- Step 1: On your smartphone, save the MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk WhatsApp number (9013151515).
- Step 2: Open WhatsApp and send a message to the Helpdesk number with the subject “Book Slot.”
- Step 3: A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the user through SMS.
- Step 4: In the WhatsApp chat, type the OTP. You will then be able to see your registered information on CoWin.
- Step 5: After that, input your phone number. The chatbot will also prompt you to input your pin code.
- Step 6: You can select your chosen date, location, and vaccine after inputting the pin code. You will receive a confirmation message shortly after you have completed the process.
How to download Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate via Whatsapp?
Users can also acquire their vaccination certificates through the app, thanks to a partnership with the Indian government. The certificate includes a 13-digit beneficiary reference ID that is used to obtain information on the person who has been vaccinated. To obtain the certificate, send a WhatsApp message with the words “COVID Certificate” or “Download Certificate” in the subject line.
In India, the COVID-19 vaccine campaign is moving along nicely. More than 58.8 crores of the entire population have been immunized as of August 24. The administration had previously stated that people over the age of 18 would be eligible for free immunization. Citizens can also book a large number of vaccinations and pay for them in a private center. They must first schedule an appointment to receive the immunization, assuming they are eligible. On the Cowin platform, the Aarogya Setu App, Paytm, and a few more apps, users may do so.