Is Google Maps showing your exact location? If not, here’s how to fix your Google Maps location in the most accurate manner.
Google Maps can be used to not only find directions to places you want to visit, but also to share your location with people who need to contact you. Your location is also important because maps will show you the direction to the place you want to go starting from your location.
If you use it Google Maps, you should be aware that your location is displayed on the map as a blue dot. When GoogleMaps is unsure of where you are, a light blue circle will appear around the blue dot. You could be anywhere inside the blueish circle. The smaller the circle, the more confident the app is in its location. If you want to change it, here’s how to accurately fix your location.
It is also important to note that if the blue dot is missing or gray, GoogleMaps is unable to locate your current location and displays the last location you visited. Your blue dot may not be accurate if there is something between you and the cell towers, such as a parking garage or tall buildings. In some cases, GoogleMaps may also have difficulty locating your location. If your blue dot on the map’s GPS location is incorrect or missing, you can take steps to help resolve the issue. Also read: Discover how to plan Google Maps trips and other useful features.
These steps will also improve and customize your search results. Here’s how to locate yourself on a map.
How to Use Google Maps to Find Your Current Location.
1. Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone or tablet.
2. A blue dot on the map will indicate your location. If there is no blue dot, tap “Your location” at the bottom right. My current location.
How does Google Maps determine your current location? Google Maps derives your location from sources such as:
1. GPS: Maps use satellites to pinpoint your location to within 20 meters. The GPS can be inaccurate when you are inside buildings or underground.
2. Wi-Fi: The location of nearby Wi-Fi networks assists Maps in determining your location.
3. Cell tower: Your mobile data connection can be accurate to a few thousand meters.
Use high accuracy mode to help Google Maps find your location with the most accurate blue dot. Here’s how it’s done:
How to Enable High Accuracy Mode in Google Maps
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
2. Select Location.
3. Turn on location at the top.
4. Select Mode, then High Accuracy.
Follow Tech n Spice on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos tech news, leaks, tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of the most interesting releases, and some Automobile News. Also, follow us on Google News for the latest updates.