This wikiHow teaches you how to download free ringtones from Zedge onto your iPhone or Android device. If you’re using an Android, it’s incredibly simple; simply download the Zedge app from the Play Store.
- Download Zedge from the Google Play Store.
The Zedge Android app enables you to browse and download ringtones for free, so long as you are willing to view advertisements. If you prefer to avoid advertisements, you must subscribe to the paid version.
To get Zedge:
- Open the Play Store app.
- Type “zedge” into the search box and tap the search icon.
- Tap Wallpapers & Ringtones for ZEDGE. It’s the app with the purple icon that has a stylized “D” in white.
- Tap Install.
2. Open Zedge and agree to its terms of service.
- Before you can use the app, Zedge will show you a few screens. Follow the instructions on the screen to read and agree to the rules.
- You’ll also be asked if you want to pay for a Zedge subscription, which gives you access to ringtones and wallpapers for your phone. You can sign up for a free trial if you want to join. If not, you can close the ad by tapping the X in the upper right corner.
- If you don’t pay to use Zedge, you will see a lot of ads. If all you want to do is get one or two ringtones, it shouldn’t be too bad.
3. Open the menu and select Ringtones.
The three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen represent the menu.
4. Look for a ringtone.
The Ringtones screen shows you the featured and most-used ringtones. You can tap CATEGORIES at the top to browse by topic, or you can tap the magnifying glass icon at the top right to look for something specific. When you find something you’d like to see a preview of, you can tap it to open the preview screen.
5. Tap the Play button in the middle to listen to a preview.
If you want to keep looking, you can tap the X in the top right corner to go back to the previous screen or swipe left on the current tone to see more that are similar.
(I was unable to take a mobile screenshot due to privacy concerns, so I had to take a photo using my other phone)
6. To obtain the ringtone, select Set.
Some ringtones are exclusive to paid subscribers. If you encounter one of these, you will be required to view a few advertisements in exchange for “credits.” You begin with 10 credits and can earn more by watching commercials.
Tap SET RINGTONE. Use this option to set your primary ringtone immediately. You could also assign this ringtone to a specific contact (SET CONTACT RINGTONE), as an alarm sound, or an alert tone (SET NOTIFICATION).
When prompted, tap ALLOW granting Zedge permission to save files to your mobile device.