Masked Aadhaar Card: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has created a unique version of Aadhaar known as a masked Aadhaar that residents of India can use to protect their personal information from being misappropriated by unauthorized parties.
The masked version of the Aadhaar card provides an additional layer of protection by concealing the first eight digits of the number and displaying only the most recent four.
“Mask Aadhaar option allows you to mask your Aadhaar number in your downloaded e-Aadhaar,”claims the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
What is Masked Aadhaar?
A masked Aadhaar is very similar to a standard Aadhaar, with the primary distinction being that the Aadhaar number is obscured in some way. The Aadhaar number has been crossed out, except for the last four digits, so that only those can be seen. Other information on the Aadhaar card, including the name, date of birth, gender, address, and QR code, has not changed. These details remain the same. The Aadhaar card can be easily downloaded from the official website.
How to Download Masked Aadhaar?
You can get a masked version of the Aadhaar by visiting the official website of the UIDAI and downloading it there. It is important to keep in mind, however, that in order to make use of this facility, your mobile phone number must first be entered into the UIDAI database. To download your masked Aadhaar, please follow the steps that are listed below:
- Go to the website of the UIDAI and click on the “Download Aadhaar” button.
- Choose either the Aadhaar Number, the VID, or the Enrolment ID option, and then enter the necessary information. The details required will change depending on which option you choose (Aadhaar Number, Enrollment ID, or Virtual ID).
- After entering the security code, you will need to click the “Send OTP” button.
- Select the “Masked Aadhaar” option from the drop-down menu.
- To download the masked Aadhaar card, you will need to enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number and then click on the “Verify And Download” button.
Password of Masked Aadhaar
The digital copy of the Aadhaar card that you downloaded requires a password to access. In order to open the masked copy of the Aadhaar, you will need to enter the password. Once the copy has been opened, it can be printed and shared as necessary.
The following is the format for the masked Aadhaar password, which is 8 digits long:
Your first name in its first four letters, along with the year you were born.
- If the name is Vikram Kumar and the year of birth is 1986, the password will be VIKR1986
- If the name is Jai Kumar and the year of birth is 1986, the password will be JAIK1986
- If the name is V. Kumar and the year of birth is 1986, the password will be V.KU1986
- If the name is Jai and the year of birth is 1986, the password will be JAI1986
Where can you use Masked Aadhaar?
When traveling by train, at airports, or when making hotel reservations, a masked Aadhaar can serve as an acceptable form of identification proof. In situations where it is necessary, you can also use it to demonstrate your identity with it. However, it cannot be used to access the benefits that are offered by direct bank transfer (DBT) through government welfare programs. When applying for any government welfare program, you will be required to present either your regular eAadhaar or a copy of your physical Aadhaar card.
Why should you use a masked Aadhaar card instead of a regular Aadhaar card?
In comparison to standard Aadhaar cards, masked Aadhaar offers a number of advantages. The following are examples of some of these:
In masked Aadhaar, your primary Aadhaar number is concealed, and no one can access it without your permission. On the other hand, if you have a regular Aadhaar card, the entirety of your Aadhaar number will be displayed and others will be able to use it.
While the regular Aadhaar card must be requested by going to an Aadhaar Enrollment Center, the masked version of Aadhaar can be downloaded whenever it is necessary.
Follow Tech n Spice on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos tech news, leaks, tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of the most interesting releases, and some Automobile News. Also, follow us on Google News for the latest updates.