Instagram is a free online photo-sharing application and social network platform that was bought by Facebook in 2012.
Instagram is a mobile app that allows users to edit and share images and short videos. Users can add a caption to each of their posts and utilize hashtags and location-based geotags to index these posts and make them searchable by other users within the program. Each post by a user appears in the Instagram feeds of their followers and can also be viewed by the public when tagged with hashtags or geotags. Users can also make their profiles private so that only their followers can see their posts.
Last year, Instagram introduced a new feature called Sensitive controls. Instagram’s ‘Explore’ tab had a sensitive material filter, and this option allowed users to remove it. The same feature is now available in Instagram Search, Reels, and more.
Everywhere on Instagram, you can use “Sensitive Controls”. As a result, if you want to limit the amount of sensitive content you see on Instagram, you should follow the guidelines we’ve provided. Here’s how to keep Instagram’s sensitive content out.
How to Restrict Sensitive Content on Instagram
Here’s how to stop Instagram from showing you sensitive content.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android and look for Instagram. Next, open up the Instagram app and update it (refer to the below image)
- Open the Instagram app on your Android device once it has been updated. Tap on your profile picture next (refer to the below image)
- Tap the menubar menu in the upper right corner of the Profile page (refer to the below image)
- Choose Settings from the list of options that comes up (refer to the below image)
- Tap Account on the Settings page (refer to the below image)
- Then, on the Account page, scroll down and tap the Sensitive Content Control (refer to the below image)
- Tap the Continue button on the screen that says “Sensitive Content Control.”
- Next, decide how much sensitive content you want to see. Select the Less button if you want to see less sensitive content.
Things to Keep in Mind
Only posts from users you don’t already follow are exempt from the sensitive filters. For example, it will remove content that is considered to be sensitive from the search results or from locations like reels.
The Sensitive Controls will not prevent you from seeing posts from your friends, family, and other accounts you follow, even if you’ve turned them on. If you come across any content that appears to be in violation of Instagram’s terms and conditions, you should report it immediately to the company.
Follow Tech n Spice on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos tech news, leaks, tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of the most interesting releases, and some Automobile News. Also, follow us on Google News for the latest updates.