iOS 16 was previewed by Apple in June of 2022, and it is the newest version of the operating system for the iPhone. iOS 16 introduces redesigned, customizable Lock Screens with widgets, the ability to edit and delete messages, enhanced Focus modes, an iCloud Shared Photos Library for families, and significant improvements for apps such as Mail and Wallet, and a great deal more.
iOS 16 includes a comprehensive redesign of the Lock Screen, which includes the addition of widgets, animated wallpapers, and other features. The new Lock Screen has extensive personalization options, and users can set up multiple distinct Lock Screens that are associated with the various Focus modes.
Users are now able to keep track of events as they happen in real-time thanks to Live Activities and the notifications that appear at the bottom of the screen. Improvements have been made to Focus modes, including the addition of Focus filters, an easier setup process, and additional configuration options.
Supported devices that can run iOS 16
iOS 16 isn’t compatible with all iPhones. Only iPhone 8 and later models will be able to use the most recent developer beta of iOS 16. Provided a list of all iPhone models that are compatible with the iOS 16 upgrade.
The various iPad models, like the iPhones, receive iPad OS updates for years on end. Apple has now officially announced support for:
- iPad mini 5 (2019), iPad mini 6 (2019). (2021)
- iPad 9.7 (2017), iPad 9.7 (2018), iPad 10.2 (2019), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad 10.2 (2020), iPad 10.2 (2021)
- All iPad Pro models
- iPad Air (2019), iPad Air (2020), and iPad Air (2020). (2022)
You need to know these things before you install iOS 16
Only developers have access to iOS 16, which is currently being tested. iOS 16 is expected to be plagued by bugs and other issues, just like every developer beta build.
You may encounter battery drain issues, network issues, and more when making or receiving calls. The iOS 16 developer beta has the potential to render your iPhone unusable. As a result, it is recommended that you back up your device before updating to iOS 16.
How to Get the iOS 16 Beta Profile
You can download and install the iOS 16 Developer beta after backing up your iPhone. You must enroll your device in the Apple Developer Program and pay the Apple Developer Membership fee. Once enrolled, proceed with the steps outlined below.
- First, open the Safari browser on your iPhone and navigate to developer.apple.com.
- Then, from the menu bar, select the Account option.
- Then, click the two-line icon once more and select Downloads.
- Then, click the two-line icon once more and select Downloads. Scroll down and click on the Install Profile under iOS 16 beta in the Downloads section.
- A download confirmation prompt will now appear. Click the Allow button. After that, launch the Settings app and select the downloaded profile.
- Click the Install button in the top-right corner of the Install Profile screen.
- Click the Install button on the consent screen.
- Wait for the iOS 16 Beta Software profile to be installed on your iPhone. Once installed, restart your device by tapping the Restart button.
How Do I Install the iOS 16 Developer Beta on My iPhone?
After you have completed the installation of the iOS 16 beta software profile, your iPhone is now prepared to receive the iOS 16 Developer beta update. Please take a few moments to read through this short guide and follow the instructions as best you can.
- Open the Settings > General menu once the device has finished restarting.
- Tap the Software Update option that is available on the General screen.
- You will find the update for the developer beta of iOS 16. (approximately 5GB in size). Use your finger to tap the button labeled “Download and install.”
- After you have reviewed and accepted the terms and conditions, the installation process will begin.
That brings us to the end! Performing this action will update your iPhone to the iOS 16 developer beta.
Follow Tech n Spice on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos tech news, leaks, tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of the most interesting releases, and some Automobile News. Also, follow us on Google News for the latest updates.