Like most people, you have a bunch of apps on your iPhone that you use often and a few that you only use sometimes. If you like things to be clean and organized, having a lot of apps can make it hard to find what you’re looking for. Luckily, it’s easy to put your iPhone apps into folders. It’s easy to make folders. You can make it even easier to keep your apps in order by giving them meaningful names in your folders.
Below, you can see how to do it.
How to make a new folder on your iPhone
- To make a folder, press and hold the icon of the first app you want to move into a folder until all of your app icons start to shake and a small x appears in the upper left corner of each.
- Press down on the app icon again and drag it across the screen to another app you want to put in the same folder. By putting one app icon on top of another, you can make a folder. Stop holding down the app icon to drop both apps into the folder you just made.
- Keep in mind that the iPhone will automatically name the folder based on the apps it contains. If you put two banking apps in a folder, for example, the folder will be called “Social.”
How to change what your iPhone folder is called
- You can change the names of the folders on your iPhone in a way that is similar to how you created them.
- Press and hold one of the app icons inside the folder you want to rename until the apps inside start to shake and a small dot appears in the upper left corner of each.
- Then you’ll be able to change the name of the folder in the title box. Tap inside it, and then type the name you want for the folder. It’s that simple.
How to delete folder on an iPhone
There may come a time when you want to get rid of a folder you’ve made and put each app on your home screen by itself. When that happens, you can easily delete the folder and move the apps back to where they were before.
- To delete an iPhone folder, press and hold the icon of an app in that folder until all the apps start to shake and a small x appears in the upper left corner.
- Press and drag apps from the folder to your home screen one at a time. When the folder is empty, it will be deleted on its own.