Your smartphone is constantly running 24/7. Have you ever thought of switching it down for a while? Then you should read this blog.
It has been suggested that turning off your smartphone at regular intervals is beneficial to its overall health. There are also moments when you just need to be away from it all, especially your phone. To prepare for an important meeting or a restful night’s sleep, for example, but it could also be part of your regular meditation practise.
After some time, though, you’ll want to switch it back on. You probably don’t want to manually do this every time you go to sleep or attend a meeting, but your smartphone can be set up to do it. Scheduled power on/off is a feature available on all Android handsets.
How to enable Auto Shutdown (or) Schedule Power On/Off on your Android Phone?
Enabling this function will allow your smartphone to power on and off automatically at the times you specify. After a predetermined amount of time, the phone will automatically shut off. You can set the times when your phone automatically goes off and on with this feature.
- Step 1: Go to your smartphone’s setting page.
- Step 2: Head on to the Additional Settings section. Do note that some smartphones might contain this option under System Settings. If it’s hard to find, just search for “Schedule Power On/Off” in the search bar of the settings.
- Step 3: Go to the “Schedule Power On/Off” option in the Additional Settings menu.
- Step 4: Select the time frame when you want your phone to power on and off.
- Step 5: For both power on and power off choices, turn the toggle on.
I hope this guide would have helped you enabling schedule power on/off on your smartphone. If you want to read more tutorial posts like these do check out “How To” section of our website.