How to Send Silent Messages on Instagram – Those of you who use Instagram’s mobile app are probably aware of the fact that the app notifies you whenever a new message arrives in your inbox. When you send a direct message to one of your Instagram users, they receive a notification on their phone.
Direct messages to other Instagram users may be necessary from time to time. This could be due to a variety of factors. If you don’t want to bother the other person or just want to type a few words into the chat silently, this is the option for you.
Regardless of the reason, you can send quite direct messages to other Instagram users in only a few simple steps on the platform. The sender of a silent Instagram message does not receive any notification when you send it.
How to Use Instagram’s Silent Messages
Instagram’s Silent Message app is compatible with iOS and Android devices. Below you’ll find a step-by-by-step guide for silently sending Instagram messages.
- First, go to the Google Play Store and update the Instagram app. iOS users must also upgrade their Instagram app from the Apple app store.
2. Once updated, open the Instagram app and tap the DM button in the top-right corner (as shown in below image)
3. Now, open the conversation where you wish to send a silent message.
4. Next, start with “@silent” on the chat and then type your content. For example, @silent How are you? (as shown in below message)
5. When finished, touch the Send button to send the message. The message will be delivered to your Instagram friend, but they will not be alerted (as shown in below image)
Finally! Your Instagram messages will be sent silently using this method. As soon as the recipient opens your discussion, they will see the message you’ve just sent.
In the same way, you won’t get a notification if someone sends you a quiet Instagram message. You must log in to your DM and go through each message one at a time.
Instagram’s silent messaging feature was demonstrated with an Android phone. In order to use Instagram’s silent messaging feature, iPhone and iPad users must follow the same steps.
So, there you have it: a step-by-step guide to sending Instagram silent messages.
Follow Tech n Spice on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos tech news, leaks, tips & tricks, top-notch gadget reviews of the most interesting releases, and some Automobile News. Also, follow us on Google News for the latest updates.