Samsung has a testing program, just like Apple and Google, for people who want to help build the next version of the operating system by giving feedback. The Android 13 beta testing program is already up and running, so people with Galaxy S22 models can try out an early version of the software that will be coming out soon.
As usual, the company chose Germany and South Korea to be the first places to get the update. Since then, people with smartphones all over the world have been wondering when they will start to get the update.
As reported by XDA Devloper Now, the US Galaxy S22 family can also get the One UI 5 beta. In the US, the first One UI 5.0 beta build comes with the August 2022 security patch level and firmware version S90xUSQU2ZVH4 for locked models and S90xU1UEU2ZVH4 for unlocked models.
So far, only people who had a T-Mobile plan could sign up for the beta program. It’s possible that soon, One UI 5 will work with more carriers. In this article, we show you how to sign up and help make One UI 5 better.
How to join the beta program for One UI
Any user can participate in Samsung’s beta testing program and get a sneak peek at the upcoming features in One UI. One UI Beta Program signup are currently being accepted from the following countries: China, Germany, India, Poland, the Republic of Korea, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Disclaimer: Since One UI 5 with Android 13 is still in the early stages of development, we do not advise installing it on your main device. If you decide to install Beta 1, you do so at your own risk.
To add insult to injury, the testing program is now restricted to Galaxy S22 series device owners only. It is anticipated that Samsung will add foldable models to the beta testing program in the upcoming weeks.
Back up your data with Smart Switch before installing the beta software.
Joining the One UI Beta Test Program is the first step toward getting Android 13 on your Galaxy S22. To join, get the Samsung Members app from the Google Play or Apple App Store. Then, just stick to these six easy steps:
- Click the Registration for One UI Beta (S22/S22+/S22 Ultra) button in the Samsung Members app.
- Then, go to the banner for the One UI Beta Program and click the “Register Now” button.
- Now, you have to agree to the service’s rules for using it. Here, the app should use the information on your SIM card to figure out where you are. Make sure your SIM card is installed correctly to do this.
- Once this is done, the package with the file to install the new system version will be sent to your Galaxy device automatically Over the Air (OTA).
- Go to Settings, then Software update, then Download and install on your phone. Click Install now once the file has been downloaded.
- Here, you’ll need to turn off and on your Galaxy S22. After that, your phone will be running the new One UI 5 beta version based on Android 13.
One UI 5 brings no major changes, just improvements to the user interface, notifications, security, camera software, and other system features. Samsung Members apps allow users to report problems with beta software. To send feedback, open the app and tap Beta feedback.