You can use the UPI payment platform to make a payment or transfer money from one account to another. Real-time payments can be made through UPI (Unified Payments Interface). India’s National Payments Corporation is responsible for this project.
All major credit cards are supported by UPI apps in India, including Paytm, PhonePe, and Google Pay. You can use the applications to scan a Bharat QR code and make a payment with your credit card. You scan the QR code, enter the amount, select the payment source, commence the process, enter the OTP instead of the UPI PIN, and the payment is complete. It works similarly to UPI payments, which are tied to your bank account. Users benefit from not having to carry their credit cards around with them all the time. You can use Google Pay, Paytm, or PhonePe with your credit card by following these steps:
How to Link a Credit Card to Google Pay
You must first enroll a credit card to Google Pay before making payments with it. This is how it is done:
- Tap your profile in Google Pay.
- Tap Pay businesses or Set up payment options, then add credit or debit cards.
- To proceed, tap Proceed.
- You will have to scan your card. You can also enter the information manually.
- Include the expiry date and CVV.
- Now, press the Save button.
- After reading the terms, touch More, then Accept & Continue.
- Enter the OTP (one-time-password) sent to your registered phone number.
It should be noted that Google Pay currently only accepts Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
Pay using Google Pay
After successfully adding your credit card to Google Pay, you will need to input the amount, pick the card, and then continue with the payment process. After entering the one-time password (OTP) that was sent to your registered number, you will need to wait for the payment confirmation. You may use Google Pay to make payments with your credit card at the following locations:
- Tap & Pay (For this, your phone should have NFC support)
- Mobile recharging with the Bharat QR code and online payments made at third-party retailers that use Google Pay is also possible.
How to use PhonePe with a credit card
PhonePe, like Google Pay, requires you to add a credit card before you can make a credit card transaction. All major credit card companies are supported by PhonePe, however, Google restricts the number of cards it accepts.
To use PhonePe, you need to do the following:
- Tap on your profile in the PhonePe app.
- Under Payment Methods, select View All.
- Tap ADD CARD in the Credit/Debit Cards section.
- Enter your credit card information here (If you use a Visa card, you can enable one-click payment, which will let you make payments up to Rs. 2000 without entering CVV and OTP)
- Tap ADD when you’re through filling out the form.
- Enter the six-digit OTP code you received on the next screen and press Submit.
Finally! The card has been successfully added to your collection. It’s possible to pay merchants using a credit card via PhonePe; simply pick your card in the payment window. If one-click payment is enabled, you can pay immediately or wait for the OTP to arrive, enter it, and complete the transaction.
Pay using PhonePe
You can only use a credit card to make purchases at BharatPe-supported businesses and retailers or to buy products and services via the PhonePe App, like Google Pay. You can pay with a credit card on PhonePe using a credit card:
- Scan the QR code to begin.
- Input the amount you’d like to pay.
- Enter the CVV after selecting your credit card.
- The remainder of the procedure will be completed on its own. An option to tap and hold will appear if you want to prevent the OTP from being submitted and so block the payment.
How to Use a Credit Card on Paytm
Paytm accepts Visa, Mastercard, Rupay, American Express, and Diners credit cards. You can also add money to your Paytm Wallet. If you have a credit card from any of these companies, we are ready to go:
- Tap your profile image in Paytm.
- Select Payment Settings.
- Now, select Saved Cards.
- Then, select Add New Card.
- You will notice a window alerting you that Paytm would debit Rs. 2 from your card for confirmation but will reimburse you within two days. To proceed, tap Proceed.
- Enter your card information, select save the card as per latest RBI guidelines,’ and then touch Pay Rs. 2.
- After that, enter the OTP on the card’s registered phone number and tap Pay.
- After some time, you should see your credit card listed under Saved cards.
Pay using Paytm
You can use the PayTM to Bharat QR code to make credit card payments, similar to Google Pay and PhonePe. This can be accomplished by swiping a barcode or by entering a dollar amount, selecting a credit card, and then enter your card’s security code.
Adding money to your PayTM wallet with a credit card is also an option, although there are fees associated with this. Here’s the breakdown:
- Open Paytm and select My Paytm from the Paytm menu.
- Enter the desired amount and click “Continue to add Rs. X” to your cart.
- Select your credit card, enter your CVV, and then touch Pay to complete
- Using PayTM, you’ll be able to send money to anyone who has a PayTM account.