As previously announced, Blackmagic Design has released the DaVinci Resolve app for iPad. It is optimised for MultiTouch technology and the Apple Pencil, and it supports Blackmagic Cloud collaboration, allowing creators to work with multiple users.
DaVinci Resolve for iPad: Features
- The colour pages and cut pages are optimised for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro display.
- The M2 chip improves Ultra HD ProRes render performance by up to 4x.
- DaVinci Resolve Studio for iPad now supports Apple Neural Engine features.
- On the desktop, DaVinci Resolve projects (drp) and project archives (dra) are fully compatible with DaVinci Resolve 18.
- Blackmagic Cloud allows for multi-user collaboration.
- H.264, H.265, Apple ProRes, and Blackmagic RAW are all supported file formats.
- Clips from the iPad storage, Photos library, and iCloud are all supported.
- Clips from external USB-C discs can be imported.
- It is compatible with the Apple Pencil, Magic Trackpad, Magic Keyboard, and Smart Keyboard Folio.
- It is compatible with the Studio and PRO XDR displays.The M1 chip on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro supports HDR display.
- iPadOS 16 or later is required.
Download and compatibility
The Apple App Store now offers the DaVinci Resolve for iPad for free. Blackmagic Design recommends the Apple iPad Pro M1 or a newer model. It says that older iPads may only be able to work in HD, and that memory limits may mean that some features can’t be used.
DaVinci Resolve Studio has an in-app purchase for premium features that costs $94.99 (roughly Rs. 8,500).