Dell has officially launched its flagship ultra thin-and-light notebook, the XPS 13 Plus, in India.
The XPS 13 Plus looks more futuristic than the standard XPS 13, which is considered the gold standard for Windows laptops. From the outside, Dell’s flagship laptop looks similar, but when you open it up, you’ll notice a row of white LED-backlit touch buttons in place of the function and media keys. In addition, the keyboard has an edge-to-edge design with flush keys, which results in larger keycaps and a 55% increase in airflow.
Finally, there’s the new trackpad that’s completely invisible to the naked eye. Instead of a cut-out, there is an unmarked glass pad with haptic feedback, similar to Apple’s recent MacBook Pros. The XPS 13 Plus has a higher-wattage processor, either a 4.4GHz 12th Generation Intel Core i5 or a 4.7GHz Core i7. The XPS 13 Plus is available with or without a touch screen (13.4-inch screen with minimal borders); one of the touch options is OLED. The notebook weighs approximately 1.29kg.
Two Thunderbolt 4 ports (no headphone jack), a Windows Hello 720p webcam, and a fingerprint reader embedded in the power button are among the other features. The Plus runs Windows 11 and has Wi-Fi6E and Bluetooth 5.2 support.
Dell XPS 13 Plus: Specifications
- Processor: 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1240P / 12th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1260P
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro, English
- Video Card: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
- Display: 13.4″, UHD+ 3840×2400, 60Hz, Touch, Anti-Reflect, 500 nit, InfinityEdge
- Memory: 16 GB, LPDDR5, 5200 MHz, integrated, dual-channel
- Hard Drive: 512GB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe Solid State Drive / 1 TB, M.2, Gen 4 PCIe NVMe, SSD
- Microsoft Office: No Microsoft® Office License Included 30 day Trial Offer Only
- Security Software: McAfee® LiveSafe™ 12-month subscription
- Support Services: 1Y ProSupport and Next Business Day Onsite Service
- Accidental Damage Protection: None
- Keyboard: Light Gray Backlit Keyboard (US/International) with Finger Print Reader
- Ports: Thunderbolt™ 4 (USB Type-C™ with DisplayPort and Power Delivery) x2
USB-C to USB-A 3.0 adapter (included in the box)
USB-C to 3.5mm headset adapter (included in the box)
- Camera: 720p at 30 fps HD RGB camera, 400p at 30 fps IR camera, dual-array microphones
- Audio and Speakers: Quad-speaker design with 8W total output
Studio quality tuning with Waves MaxxAudio®Pro and Waves Nx®3D audio
- Chassis: Exterior Chassis Materials, Aluminum
- Wireless: Intel® Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 1675 (AX211) 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.2 Wireless Card
- Primary Battery: 3 Cell, 55 Wh, integrated
- Power: 60W AC Adapter Type-C
Pricing and availability
The laptop will come in two versions, with the Ci5-1240P 12 Core/16GB/512GB system costing Rs. 1,59,990 and the Ci7-1260P 12 Core/16GB/1TB system costing Rs. 1,79,990. It will be sold at Dell exclusive store and Amazon India as part of the Amazon Prime Day sale.
According to Raj Kumar Rishi, Vice President and General Manager, Consumer & Small Business, Dell Technologies India