Google has launched Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1 (T3B1.230224.005) as part of its Feature Drop, which is currently accessible to Google Pixel smartphones.
Together with new features, bug fixes, and speed improvements, it contains all the updates from the most recent March Feature Drop release for the general public.
Google stated that the Android 13 QPR3 Beta would continue until the start of the Android 14 Beta. No separate program opt-in is necessary; participants in QPR3 beta will immediately receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Android 14 Beta 1 when it becomes available.
Mishaal Rahman from Esper.io recently found some intriguing new features in the Android 13 QPR3 version. This is a brief summary of the most recent findings:
- A “show only new notifications on lock screen” option is available under Settings Notifications, but only if the lock_screen_show_only_unseen_notifications is set to ‘1’.
- The transient taskbar is now available when gesture navigation is enabled, while the persistent taskbar appears with 3-button navigation.
- Share menu is more consistent with an unbundled chooser.
- Users now have the option to display weather on the lock screen separately from smartspace.
- Watch Unlock feature can now be accessed through Settings integration.
- Device Controls can show a custom embedded activity from providers, but only to developers in Android 14 DP2’s release.
- The font scaling Quick Setting tile is now available when enabled.
- Three new keyguard quick affordances are supported: Mute, notetaking, and video camera.
- A new “emoji wallpaper” generator is available in Android 14 DP2, but not enabled by default.
Android 13 QPR3 Beta 1 has fixed the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where the clock text on the lock screen was the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where Bluetooth audio wasn’t working on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint icon that is normally displayed on screen to indicate the position of the fingerprint sensor erroneously changed to an exclamation point (!).
- Fixed an issue where live wallpapers could not be selected or used.
- Fixed an issue where widgets, app icon positions, and other configurable options on the home screen were reset after installing an OTA update.
- Fixed an issue that caused a device to be unenrolled from Face Unlock after installing an OTA update.
QPR3 Beta 1 and future updates are automatically released to Android 13 Beta users. If you haven’t already, you can enroll your Pixel device and begin using QPR3 Beta 1 right away by going here.
The Pixel 4a, 5, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, 6a, and Pixel 7 series are among the eligible gadgets. Once registered, eligible devices will get an OTA update to the most recent beta versions.