Along with the new iPad Pro, Apple has updated its budget iPad model with a new design that includes flat sides, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a large 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, and an A14 Bionic chip, as opposed to the A13 Bionic in previous models.
Apple iPad (10th Gen): Features
The Apple iPad (10th Gen) has an updated Ultra Wide 12MP front camera with a 122-degree field of view that supports Center Stage, as well as an updated rear camera. It has a USB-C port in place of the older model’s lighting port, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, and 5G support on cellular models. A new Magic Keyboard Folio with a click-anywhere trackpad and a versatile two-piece design is available.
It has full-size keys with 1 mm of travel and a new 14-key function row for quick access to shortcuts and everyday tasks like volume and display brightness. It runs on iPadOS 16 and is compatible with the Apple Pencil (1st generation). The new iPad is compatible with the Apple Pencil (1st generation). However, pairing and charging require a new USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter. This comes with a new version of the Apple Pencil (1st generation) and can be purchased separately.
Apple iPad (10th Gen): Quick Specs
- Dimensions: 248.6×179.5 x7mm; Weight: 477g (WiFi) / 481g (5G)
- Display: 10.9-inch (2360x 1640 pixels) Liquid Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPI, True Tone display
- ProcessorSix-core A14 Bionic 64-bit processor, 4-Core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 64GB/256GB variants
- OS: iPadOS 16
- Camera: 12MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Autofocus with Focus Pixels, 12MP 122° front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash, FaceTime video, Center Stage
- Audio: Dual microphones for calls, Landscape stereo speakers
- Connectivity: 5G (optional), Wi‑Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2
- Touch ID
- Battery: 28.6-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- Colors: blue, pink, silver, yellow
Pricing and Availability
- 64GB (Wi-Fi): Rs 44,900
- 64GB (Wi-Fi+ Cellular): Rs 59,900
- 256GB (Wi-Fi): Rs 59,900
- 256GB (Wi-Fi+ Cellular): Rs 74,900
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) New version – Rs. 9,500
- USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter for old Apple Pencil (1st generation) – Rs. 900
- Magic Keyboard Folio for iPad – Rs. 24,900
- Smart Folio for iPad – Rs. 8,500
The new iPad, which is available in blue, pink, silver, and yellow, is available to order from October 18 on apple.com and from authorised resellers in India, and will be available on October 26th. Apple will continue to sell the iPad (9th generation).