As a successor to the model released in 2021, Apple has released its new generation of Apple TV 4K. This model supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, and it is powered by an A15 Bionic chip, which gives it faster performance, smoother gameplay, and more entertainment options.
Apple TV 4K: Features
Apple claims that the A15 Bionic chip in the Apple TV 4K is up to 50% faster in terms of CPU performance and 30% faster in terms of GPU performance than the previous generation. It also comes with a Siri Remote, which is a touch-enabled clickpad that allows you to navigate Apple TV’s simple, elegant user interface with speed, fluidity, and precision.
In addition to Dolby Vision, Apple TV 4K now supports HDR10+, bringing rich visual quality to more TVs. Users can also enjoy immersive audio in their home theatres with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 7.1, and Dolby Digital 5.1. Apple’s tvOS 16 will be released later this fall, with new features such as Siri updates that will make it even easier for customers to control Apple TV and interact with the results. Users, for example, can say “Hey Siri” while wearing AirPods to search for and control Apple TV hands-free.
Siri on Apple TV has been completely redesigned and will recognise each user’s voice, allowing them to easily access and resume where they left off in their movies, shows, music, games, and apps. Apple TV 4K is also a key component of Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard that allows a wide range of accessories to work seamlessly across platforms, completing the smart home vision. Thread networking lets the Apple TV 4K (Wi-Fi + Ethernet) securely connect to smart home devices that use thread.
Apple TV 4K: Quick Specs
- Dimensions: Depth: 3.66 in (93 mm) x Width: 3.66 in (93 mm) x Height: 1.22 in (31 mm); Weight: (214 g)
- Resolution: HDR10+ Up to 2160p, 60 FPS
- Processor: A15 Bionic chip
- OS: Apple tvOS 16
- Video formats: SDR video with AVC/HEVC 2160p 60 fps, Dolby Vision 2160p 60 fps, HDR10+/HDR10/HLG with HEVC 2160p 60 fps, H.264 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats, MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640×480 pixels, 30 fps, AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- Audio formats: HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) and Dolby Atmos
- Photo formats: HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Connectivity (Wi-Fi): HDMI 2.13, Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology, IR receiver, Built-in power supply
- Connectivity (Wi-Fi + Ethernet): HDMI 2.13, Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology, IR receiver, Built-in power supply, Thread networking support4, Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports (WI-Fi): HDMI; (Wi-Fi + Ethernet) Model: HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet
- Voice Remote with Siri
- Other features: VoiceOver, Zoom, Hover Text, Increase Contrast, Reduce Motion, Closed Caption and SDH Support, Audio Descriptions, Siri and Dictation, Type to Siri, Switch Control
Pricing and Availability
The new Apple TV 4K comes in two flavours: Apple TV 4K (Wi-Fi), which has 64GB of storage and costs Rs. 14,900; and Apple TV 4K (Wi-Fi + Ethernet), which has 128GB of storage and costs Rs. 16,900. It can already be pre-ordered from Apple.com and authorised resellers in India, and it will be available on November 4th.