As promised, HONOR has just announced the HONOR 80 GT, the company’s latest gaming phone in the HONOR 80 series. The phone has a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz, a touch sampling rate of 300Hz, a peak brightness of up to 1400 nits, and high-frequency PWM dimming at 2160Hz.
HONOR 80 GT: Features
According to the company, it is powered by a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with an independent display chip, which allows the game frame rate to be increased by up to 100% while reducing power consumption by 25%. There is a 4386mm2 bionic VC with an ultra-dense copper mesh woven with 1415 copper wires, a 74mm ultra-long bionic fibre, superconducting hexagonal crystal graphene, and an AI intelligent thermal management system.
It has a 54MP primary camera (Sony IMX800), an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 16MP front-facing camera. The HONOR 80 GT comes with a 4,800mAh battery and supports 66W fast charging.
HONOR 80 GT: Quick Specs
- Dimensions: 162.5×75.3×7.9mm; Weight: 187g
- Display: 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120Hz curved display, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit 1.07 billion colors HDR 10, up to 1400 nits brightness, 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming
- Processor: Up to 3GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OS: Android 12-based Magic UI 7.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Camera: 54MP camera with IMX800 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Speaker: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4800mAh battery with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR 80 GT comes in Meteor Blue, White, and Interstellar Black and is priced at 3299 yuan (approximately US$ 473 or Rs. 39,205) for the 12GB+256GB model and 3599 yuan (approximately US$ 517 or Rs. 42,770) for the 16GB+256GB model. It is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China on January 1, 2023.