MediaTek has announced a new mid-range chipset, the Dimensity 7050. The chipset is essentially a rebranded Dimensity 1080, which was released in November 2022. With TSMC’s 6nm process, the Dimensity 7050 boasts an octa-core CPU with two Arm Cortex-A78 cores that clock at 2.6GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 cores that clock at 2.0GHz. The graphics unit is an Arm Mali-G68 MC4.
Key Features: MediaTek Dimensity 7050 5G
- Manufactured using TSMC’s 6nm process
- CPU with eight cores, including x2 Arm Cortex-A78 cores at 2.6GHz and x6 Arm Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0GHz
- Arm Mali-G68 MC4 graphics unit
- Supports cameras with up to 200MP resolution and video recording at 4K resolution and 30fps
- Supports displays with up to 2520 x 1080 pixels resolution and up to 120Hz refresh rate
- Works with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage
- Supports Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and dual SIM 5G networks
The Dimensity 7050 will make its debut in India on the Lava Agni 2 5G smartphone soon. The phone is expected to be available for around ₹20,000. In other news, MediaTek is gearing up to announce its new premium chipset, the Dimensity 9200+, on May 10.
To learn more about the MediaTek Dimensity 7050 5G – visit here.