As promised, POCO just introduced the POCO C55, the brand’s most recent entry-level smartphone in the C series, in India. This joins the POCO C50, which was unveiled last month, and adds a MediaTek Helio G85 CPU, 50MP cameras, a leather-like back panel finish, and other features.
POCO C55: Features
It has a 6.71-inch HD+ screen, a 5MP selfie camera in the notch, a Helio G85 SoC, up to 6GB of RAM with 5GB of additional memory expansion, a 50MP main camera, and a 2MP depth sensor. It is also powered by the Helio G85 SoC.
The phone comes pre-installed with Android 12 and MIUI 13 and has a fingerprint sensor positioned on the back. It also has a leather-like back finish with cool stitching and a 5000 mAh battery with 10W charging.
POCO C55: Quick Specs
- Dimensions: 168.76×76.41×8.77mm; Weight: 192g
- Display: 6.71-inch (1650 x 720 pixels) HD+ display with 120Hz touch sampling rate, Panda glass protection
- Processor: Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- RAM and ROM: 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- OS: Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Camera: 50MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Security: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- IP Rating: Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB port
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO C55 is available in Forest Green, Power Black, and Cool Blue colors and costs Rs. 9,499 for the 4GB + 64GB model and Rs. 10,999 for the 6GB + 128GB model. It will be available on Flipkart starting February 28th.
- On the first day of sales, there will be a flat discount of Rs. 500 for the 4GB + 64GB variant.
- With ICICI, SBI, and HDFC Bank cards, get an instant discount of up to Rs 1000.
Country Head for POCO India, Himanshu Tandon, commented on the launch as follows: