Xiaomi has launched the new Redmi Pad in India, following the recent launch of the Xiaomi Pad 5. This is the company’s second tablet, and it is reasonably priced. The device is designed for first-time tablet users and features a 2K display, the MediaTek Helio G99 chipset, and much more.
Redmi Pad: Features
The Redmi Pad is thin and lightweight, with flat edges. It has a 10.6-inch 2K LCD display and a 90Hz AdaptiveSync refresh rate, which is a first in the budget tablet segment. It has a 15:9 aspect ratio, 10-bit colours, 400 nits of brightness, and more. The screen also has Widevine L1 certification, TUV Rheinland certification, and SGS eye protection built in.
It is powered by the latest MediaTek Helio G99 processor. It has up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, which can be expanded by up to 1TB using a memory card. The tablet has an 8MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera with a 105-degree field of view. The FocusFrame technology is supported to keep users focused during video calls. This feature is similar to Apple’s Center Stage and RealMe’s Limelight.
It comes with a 22.5W charger and an 8,000mAh battery.The Redmi Pad is powered by MIUI 13, which is based on Android 12. Xiaomi has said that the tablet will get two major updates and three security updates. There is an in-built document scanner, a split-screen mode for shopping apps, reading mode, floating windows, and other features.
The tablet includes a quad-speaker setup with Dolby Atmos, facial recognition, two microphones, a USB-C port, dual-band Wi-Fi 5, and Bluetooth version 5.3. There is an IP52 rating and Microsoft app support. If buyers are first-time users of YouTube Premium, they can also get two months free. Furthermore, the Redmi Pad supports third-party capacitive styli.
Redmi Pad: Quick Specs
- Dimensions: 250.5×158.1×7.1mm; Weight: 465g
- Display: 10.61-inch (2000x 1200) 10-bit LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 70% NTSC color gamut, 400 nits brightness, TUV Rheinland low blue light certification
- Processor: Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- Storage: 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- OS: Android 12 with MIUI 13 for Pad
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with Full HD video recording, 8MP front-facing camera with 105° FOV
- Audio: USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, Quad Speakers, dual microphones
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C
- Battery: 8,000mAh battery with support for 18W charging
- Color: graphite grey, moonlight silver, mint green
- Warranty: 1 year
Pricing and Availability
The Redmi Pad, which starts at Rs. 14,999, Here is a list of all the prices.
- 3GB+64GB: Rs 14,999 (introductory price, Rs 12,999)
- 4GB+128GB: Rs 17,999 (introductory price, Rs 14,999)
- 6GB+128GB: Rs 19,999 (introductory price, Rs 16,999)
The Redmi Pad will be available for purchase beginning tomorrow, October 5 on Mi.com, Flipkart, and leading retail stores. The Mint Green 6GB+128GB option will be available at 10 a.m., while all other options will be available at 12 p.m. Customers can receive an additional 10% discount when using Bank of Baroda cards, bringing the price down to Rs 11,700 (3GB+32GB), Rs 13,500 (4GB+128GB), and Rs 15,300 (6GB+128GB).