The Redmi Smart Fire TV 32, the company’s first smart TV running Fire TV OS in India, has been released by Xiaomi as promised. With its Alexa voice-enabled remote, which is powered by Amazon Fire OS, users can simply change channels, start apps, look up movies and TV shows, play music, and operate smart home appliances.
Redmi Smart Fire TV 32: Features
The TV has a 32-inch HD-Ready display that is powered by Vivid Picture Engine technology. It also has 20-watt speakers, Dolby Audio, DTS-HD, and DTS: Virtual X technology.
It comes with Amazon’s Fire OS 7, which enables users to access more than 12,000 apps from the Fire TV app store, including Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Zee5, SonyLiv, YouTube, and more.
According to the company, customers can use Zee5, nexGTV, Kids First, and other services to watch Amazon miniTV and 70+ live channels for free, including Aaj Tak, Zee News, India Today, DD National, and more.
- Display: 32-inch (1366×768 pixels) HD-Ready display with 178-degree viewing angle, Vivid Picture Engine, Auto Low Latency Mode, 6.5ms response time, 96.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A35 processor with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage
- OS: Fire OS 7
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), AirPlay, Miracast, Bluetooth 5.0, 2 x HDMI 2.1 (1 contain ARC), 2 x USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack, Ethernet, Antenna
- Video Codec: AV1, H.265, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4
- Sound: 2 x 10W speakers, Dolby Audio, DTS-HD, DTS Virtual:X
- Other Features: Redmi Voice Remote with Alexa with buttons for TV Guide, Play Back controls, Channel up/down, mute and shortcut to Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Amazon Prime Music
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Smart Fire TV 32″ is priced at Rs. 13,999, but for a limited time, it will be offered on Mi.com and Amazon.in for Rs. 11,999, which includes an additional incentive of Rs. 1,000. The sale begins March 21st.
Sudeep Sahu, Deputy Head of Product at Xiaomi India, commented on the announcement, saying:
Anish Unnikrishnan, Amazon India’s General Manager for Fire TV and Kindle, stated: