Samsung announced its most recent foldable smartphones, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4, at its most recent Galaxy Unpacked event. Minor upgrades have been made over the previous-generation Z Flip foldable by the company.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4: Features and Specs
When comparing the Galaxy Z Flip4 to the Z Flip3, the design is where the most similarities exist. Samsung’s most recent foldable now has flat sides that are similar to the Galaxy S22 series. Additionally, the hinge design has been improved, so the Z Flip4 should feel more durable, and the foldable mechanism shouldn’t cause any issues this time around. The Galaxy Z Flip4 has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and is IPX8 rated.
Let’s move on to the displays now. Since Samsung has stayed with its tried-and-true screens for the inside and outside, there isn’t much to say about this, either. You have a 6.7-inch Full-HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a 120Hz refresh rate. This panel has a resolution of 2640 x 1080 pixels, is protected by Gorilla Glass Victus+, and has somewhat smaller bezels all around. Yes, just like the outside, the interior foldable display is covered with glass.
The same 1.9-inch AMOLED panel from last year’s model serves as the outer display. You can take selfies without opening the device because you can see alerts, caller ID, and a full viewfinder. By opening your foldable, you may use a feature called Quick Shot to quickly transition to Flex Mode.
This foldable is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, the company’s most recent flagship processor. Onboard storage that can be up to 512GB in memory and 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM are also included. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 ships with OneUI 4.1, which is based on Android 12, but it will be among the first to receive the OneUI 5.0 update when it becomes available later this year.
The Galaxy Z Flip4 back camera is 12MP + 12MP. The primary 12MP camera has Dual-Pixel AF, OIS, and an 83-degree FOV. The second 12MP camera has a 123-degree FOV. It a 10MP punch-hole camera instead of an under-display selfie camera.
Samsung has fixed one of its biggest foldable flaws. The Galaxy Z Flip4 has a 3,700mAh battery (bigger than the Z Flip 3) with 25W fast-charging, which charges 50% in 30 minutes. The device supports 15W reverse wireless charging to charge accessories.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4: Quick Specs
- Display: 6.7 inches (1080 x 2640 Pixels), Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz Refresh rate, HDR10+, Screen-to-Body Ratio 85.4%, glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+)
- Cover display: 1.9 inches (260 x 512 pixels), Super AMOLED, (Gorilla Glass Victus+)
- OS: Android 12, Based on One UI 4.1.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Storage: 8GB RAM 128GB, 8GB RAM 256GB, 8GB RAM 512GB, UFS 3.1
- Camera: 12MP Main Camera, 12MP ultrawide Camera, 10MP Front Camera
- Connectivity: 5G, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2
- IP Rating: IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Battery: 3700mAh, 25W USB Type-C Fast charging – 50% in 30 min, 15W Fast wireless charging, 4.5W Reverse wireless charging
- Other Features: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Colour: Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold, Blue, Yellow, White, Navy, Khaki, Red
- Warranty: 1 year
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 will be available in four different colour options: Bora Purple, Graphite, Pink Gold, and Blue. If you choose the Z Flip4 BeSpoke Edition, you can also customise the look of your foldable. Like its design and features, Samsung hasn’t changed the price.
The Galaxy Z Flip4 will be available for pre-order today, with prices starting at $999.99 (approx. Rs. 79,185) for the 128GB model, $1099.98 (approx. Rs. 87,105) for the 256GB model, and $1179.99 for the 512GB model (Rs. 93,440 approx.). It will be available for purchase on August 26th. Pricing information for the Z Flip4 in India has not yet been released.