Samsung recently held its eagerly awaited Galaxy Unpacked event and unveiled its new foldables, including the Galaxy Z Fold4 and Galaxy Flip4, about which we have all been hearing. The Galaxy Z Fold4 is the successor to the Z Fold 3. It features a few hardware and minor design changes.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4: Features and Specs
The Galaxy Z Fold4 has some minor differences here and there but is otherwise very similar to its predecessor. The design is identical and opens like a book. The edges have a slight taper and the hinge is smaller, as seen in numerous render leaks. There is still a vertical camera hump on the rear and a bezel-less display.
The Galaxy Fold4 has a 7.6-inch inner display with a modified aspect ratio of 21.6:18 and 120Hz refresh rate. It’s a Dynamic AMOLED 2X QXGA+ display panel with a resolution of 2176 x 1812 pixels, 374ppi, and HDR10+. It has a center-placed under-the-display punch-hole for the front camera.The secondary outer Dynamic AMOLED 2X HD+ display is 6.2 inches, has a refresh rate of 120Hz, and has an aspect ratio of 23.1:9. Its screen resolution is 2316 by 904 pixels.
The camera department features a 50MP main camera with OIS and Dual Pixel AF, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and a 10MP telephoto lens (with OIS, PDAF, and 3x optical zoom). The inner display has a 4MP selfie camera, and the outer one has a 10MP camera. The Galaxy Z Fold4 includes features like Capture View Mode, Dual Preview, and Rear Cam Selfie, among others.
The Galaxy Fold4 has the most recent Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, along with up to 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. It has a 4,400mAh battery that supports 25W rapid charging and 15W wireless charging. It uses Android 12L and One UI 4.1. The Z Fold4 gives better multitasking with a revamped taskbar, swiping gestures, and drag-drop support for Google apps. Facebook and Netflix are large-screen optimised. Flex mode now provides a touchpad for non-optimized apps. There are also dual speakers, support for the S Pen, IPX8 water resistance, a fingerprint scanner, facial recognition, 5G, NFC, and more.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4: Quick Specs
- Display: 7.6 inches (1812 x 2176 Pixels), Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz Refresh rate, HDR10+, Screen-to-Body Ratio 90.9%, glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus+)
- Cover display: 6.2 inches (904 x 2316 pixels), Dynamic AMOLED 2X,120Hz Refresh rate, (Gorilla Glass Victus+)
- OS: Android 12L, Based on One UI 4.1.1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Storage: 12GB RAM 256GB, 12GB RAM 512GB, 12GB RAM 1TB, UFS 3.1
- Camera: 50MP Main Camera, 12MP ultrawide Camera, 10MP telephoto Camera, 4MP Front Camera
- Cover Camera: 10MP Front Camera
- Connectivity: 5G, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2
- Battery: 4400mAh, 25W USB Type-C Fast charging – 50% in 30 min, 15W Fast wireless charging, 4.5W Reverse wireless charging
- Other Features: Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified), Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Colour: Graygreen, Phantom Black, Beige
- Warranty: 1 year
Pricing and Availability:
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 comes in three colour options: Graygreen, Phantom Black, and Beige. It is expensive, costing $1,799 ( approx. Rs 1,42,000). It will be for sale starting August 26, but we don’t yet know if it will be available in India.