Today, Xiaomi unveiled its new line of smart TVs. The company’s selection of 4K TVs now includes three new models in three sizes—43 inches, 50 inches, and 55 inches—under the name Xiaomi Smart TV X Series.
Xiaomi smart TV X Series: Features
The Xiaomi smart TV X Series have a premium metal bezel-less design with a 96.9% screen-to-body ratio. Three models have 4K displays (3840 x 2160p). It supports Xiaomi’s proprietary VPE (Vivid Picture Engine),HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision. This display provides up to 94% DCI-P3 colour gamut for an immersive and color-accurate viewing experience. It is built with 30W speakers that support Dolby Audio, DTS HD, and DTS Virtual X codecs. In terms of connectivity and port options, there are three HDMI 2.1 ports with e-ARC and ALM compatibility, two USB 2.0 ports, an Ethernet port, an AV input, an optical connector, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. It has Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi, and Miracast.
Xiaomi Smart TV X series software includes Patchwall and Android TV 10. We’re still on earlier Android versions, but Patchwall is receiving new features. First, they want better TV content curation. During Patchwall setup, you can choose OTT platforms, genres, and sports. Additionally, Patchwall was redesigned to make it easier to access your favourite content. Xiaomi has also teamed with YouTube to integrate YouTube Music into Patchwall. A dedicated music tab at the top highlights new releases, genres, and helps you find music. Today, all Xiaomi smart TVs will have this integration.
Xiaomi smart TV X Series: Quick specs
- Display: Ultra HD 4k (3,840 × 2,160)
- Screen size: 43″ | 50″ and 55″ inches
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- MEMC Engine: Reality Flow, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG Color
- Wide Colour Gamut: DCI-P3 94%, Vivid Picture Engine
- Audio Output: 30W – 2 Speakers, Dolby Audio, DTS-HD and DTS Virtual: X
- Software: PatchWall, Android TV 10
- Performance: Quad Core A55 CPU, Mali G52 MC1 GPU, 2GB RAM and 8GB Storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v5.0, Dual Band Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2×2 MIMO)
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 x 3, USB x 2, Ethernet x 1, AV x 1, 3.5mm x 1, Optical x 1
- Other Features: IMDb Integration, Universal Search, 300+ Live Channels, Kids Mode with Parental lock, Smart Recommendations, Language Universe – 15+ Languages, User Centre, YouTube Integration, Ok Google, Chromecast built-in, Play Store
- Supports: ALLM – Auto Low Latency Mode, eARC (Dolby Atmos Pass-through)
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi Smart TV X series starts at Rs 28,999 for the 43-inch 4K model. The larger 50-inch and 55-inch 4K X Series models are priced at Rs 34,999 and Rs 38,999, respectively.
• Xiaomi Smart TV X43 – INR 28,999/-
• Xiaomi Smart TV X50 – INR 34,999/-
• Xiaomi Smart TV X55 – IINR 39,999/-
From September 14, they will all be for sale in India through the Xiaomi website, Mi Homes, and Flipkart.