After testing it with Insiders, Microsoft has begun rolling out a new feature that brings iCloud Photos to the Photos app on Windows 11, following the announcement last month. The updated Photos app in Windows 11 makes it simple to organise your photo collection.
Microsoft Photos: New Features
- The app has been completely redesigned, with a stunning multi-source camera roll, familiar navigation, and several performance enhancements.
- From within the app, you can backup your photos to OneDrive.
- View your iCloud photos in the Photos app directly.
- Memories allow you to relive special moments.
- By using cloud storage, your photos are automatically organised and searchable.
The new iCloud Photos integration in Windows 11 is available via a Microsoft Store update to the Photos app. You must also install the iCloud for Windows app from the Microsoft Store, sign in, and choose to sync your photos before all of your iCloud Photos content will appear in your Photos app.
Microsoft thinks that by the end of the month, all Windows 11 users will be able to use the feature.
Microsoft stated about the new feature: