Apple, a multinational corporation headquartered in the United States, made the announcement on Wednesday that it will begin shipping its newly released MacBook Air computers with the M2 chipset to customers around the world beginning on Friday, July 15. A larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, a four-speaker sound system, up to 18 hours of battery life1, and MagSafe charging are all included in the MacBook Air with M2 chip.
The new design of the MacBook Air, which was completely rethought around the M2 chip, features a remarkable reduction in thickness in all three dimensions.
With a durable, all-aluminum unibody enclosure that looks incredibly solid and feels like it was built to last, it measures just 11.3 millimeters thin, weighs only 2.7 pounds, and delivers an astonishing 20 percent reduction in volume from the previous generation.
The Apple MacBook Air with M2 has a starting price of RS 1,19,900 and a starting price for education of RS 1,09,900. It is available in four different color options: midnight, starlight, silver, and space grey.
The company explained in a statement that “And with the power efficiency of M2, all of the capabilities of MacBook Air are built into a silent, fanless design.” In addition, “MagSafe gives users a dedicated charging port that is easy to connect to while protecting MacBook Air when it is plugged in.”
In addition, the MacBook Air has a 3.5 mm audio jack that is compatible with high-impedance headphones and two Thunderbolt ports, which can be used to connect a wide range of optional accessories. In addition, the Magic Keyboard has a function row that is full height and includes Touch ID, as well as a spacious trackpad that leads the industry in Force Touch technology.
M2 provides improved performance.
The M2 chip is the beginning of the next generation of Apple silicon for the Mac. It builds upon the ground-breaking capabilities, power efficiency, and performance of its predecessor, the M1 chip.
- The Apple MacBook Air with the new M2 chip offers users everything they could want in the world’s most popular notebook, from the ability to multitask to the production of captivating images.
- Users will be able to get more done in a shorter amount of time because the MacBook Air with M2 has a more powerful 8-core CPU and an up to 10-core GPU.
- Because it supports up to 24GB of fast unified memory and has a unified memory bandwidth of 100GB/s, it can deal with workloads that are even more extensive and complicated.
- M2 also adds a next-generation media engine with a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware-accelerated encode and decode. As a result, MacBook Airs equipped with M2 are now capable of playing back more streams of 4K and 8K video than they were previously able to.
- With M2, demanding tasks such as editing intricate timelines in Final Cut Pro are nearly 40 percent faster than they were with the previous generation2, and they are up to 15 times faster for customers who haven’t upgraded to Apple silicon.
- When using applications such as Adobe Photoshop, applying filters and effects is now up to twenty percent faster than it was previously2, and it is up to five times faster for users who have not yet upgraded to Apple silicon.
- Even with a more expansive display and enhanced performance, the battery life of the MacBook Air remains excellent throughout the day, with support for up to 18 hours of continuous video playback.
The new MacBook Air features an updated 1080p FaceTime HD camera that outperforms its predecessor in terms of resolution and low-light performance by a factor of two. Users will have a fantastic appearance during video calls thanks to the powerful processing capabilities of the advanced image signal processor on the M2 device. Dolby Atmos, an immersive spatial audio format, is also supported for use with music and movies on the MacBook Air.