Nothing has rebranded the Nothing ear (1) companion app to Nothing X, as announced at the launch of Nothing ear (stick) last week, ahead of the sale of Nothing ear (stick) on November 4th in several countries. The update features a new user interface, an improved user experience, and other improvements.
Nothing about it improved the pairing and setup process or the gesture controls. There’s also a new equaliser experience for its earbuds, as well as a new low-lag mode for a better low-latency gaming experience on the Ear (Stick).
Nothing X app for Ear (1) and Ear (Stick): Features
- Switch between Active Noise Cancellation modes (Ear (1) only)
- Customize gesture controls
- Choose between different preset equalizer settings for tailored low, mid, and high frequency levels
- Low lag mode (Ear (Stick) only)
- In-ear detection
- Find My Earbuds
- Check battery levels of each earbud and the case
- Download firmware updates
- Get tips & support
When you connect the Ear (1) or Ear (stick) to your device by pressing and holding the pairing button on the charging case, these features will be available in the Bluetooth settings of the Phone (1). Other devices will require you to download the app.