Qualcomm has quietly introduced the Snapdragon 782G Mobile Platform as the successor to last year’s Snapdragon 778G+. The Snapdragon 778G+ is the successor to the Snapdragon 778G, with improved GPU and CPU performance. This is improved by the new Snapdragon 782G. Earlier this week, Qualcomm launched the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
The Qualcomm Kryo 670 CPU in the 782G delivers higher performance up to 2.7 GHz compared to 2.5 GHz in the 778G+, promising a 5% improvement. According to the company, the Adreno 642L GPU is up to 10% faster than the 778G+. Other specifications remain unchanged.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 782G: Features and Specifications
- 4 x Kryo 670 Performance CPUs (A78-based) at up to 2.7GHz, 4x Kryo 670 Efficiency CPUs (A55-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- TSMC 6nm process Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X53 5G modem-RF system
- 5G speeds of up to 3.7Gpbs down, Sub-6 GHz: 100 MHz bandwidth,
- 4×4 MIMO, Uplink: Up to 2.9 Gbps
- Qualcomm Adreno 642L GPU, OpenCL 2.0 FP, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1
- H.265 (HEVC), HDR10+, HLG, HDR10, H.264 (AVC), VP8, VP9
- Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier up to Qualcomm WSA8835, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec up to Qualcomm WCD9385, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology
- Up to 22MP triple camera, Up to 36MP + 22MP dual camera, Up to 64 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra 570L Image Sensor Processor (14-bit triple-ISP), 10-bit HDR HEIF photo capture, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR), 4K HDR Video Capture with Portrait Mode (Bokeh), 4K Video Capture, 720p Slow-mo video capture at 240 FPS, HEVC Video Capture, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG support
- On-Device Display Support: FHD+ at 144 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- Fused AI Accelerator architecture, Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Qualcomm Hexagon Voice Assistant, 6th generation Qualcomm AI Engine with Hexagon 770 Processor, 12TOPS AI performance
- LPDDR5 3200 memory, up to 16 GB
- FastConnect 6700 – Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Multi-gigabit, Integrated 802.11ac 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz, Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Bluetooth antennas, LE Audio Features (one-to-many broadcast), Qualcomm aptX suite, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable
- USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 782G is expected to power the HONOR 80 smartphone, which will be unveiled today. In the coming months, we can expect to see more smartphones powered by SoCs.