Sony has unveiled the new DualSense Edge controller for the PlayStation 5. It is the most customizable PlayStation controller to date. Sony’s first-ever high-performance, highly configurable controller The DualSense Edge wireless controller lets you create your own unique gaming experience that fits your play style. This gives you an advantage in games by letting you design your own controls.
Sony PS5 DualSense Edge wireless controller: Software and hardware features
- Ultra-customizable controls: You can customise the DualSense Edge wireless controller by remapping or disabling button inputs and altering stick sensitivity and dead zones. Each trigger’s travel distance and dead zones are customizable. You can manually lower the trigger travel distance for faster inputs in FPS games or the throttle dead zone for racing games.
- Ability to save multiple control profiles: Save your optimal control settings as profiles and switch between them on the go. With the DualSense Edge wireless controller, you’ll always have your favourite controls, whether you’re playing God of War Ragnarök or an online battle royale.
- On-controller user interface: The Fn button lets you choose between pre-set control profiles, modify game loudness and chat balance, and access the controller profile settings menu while in game.
- Changeable stick caps and back buttons: Three styles of swappable stick caps (normal, high dome, and low dome) help you maintain grip and stability in-game. Two sets of back buttons (half-dome and lever) can be swapped for any other button input, adding further controls.
- Replaceable stick modules: Play longer with replaceable stick modules (replacement stick modules will be sold separately).
- Built-in DualSense wireless controller features: The DualSense Edge wireless controller has haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, a built-in microphone, motion controls, and more.
In addition to stick caps and back button sets, the DualSense Edge wireless controller includes a USB Type-C braided cable with a connection enclosure to prevent it from slipping out. The supplied carrying case allows you to charge your DualSense Edge wireless controller through USB while it’s in the case.
Pricing and launch date
Sony has not given the DualSense Edge wireless controller a price or even a release date. In the next few months, the company will provide further information.
Daisuke Kurihara, Art Director, led the controller’s design process and gives some insights on how it was created: