The Nothing Phone (2), the second-generation smartphone, is getting a new software update. The update, which is version 2.0.3, introduces some new features and enhancements to the device as well as fixes some bugs and issues.
What’s new in the update?
According to the official changelog, the update brings the following new features to the Nothing Phone (2):
- Compass widget: You can now add a Compass widget to your home screen or lock screen, which shows you the direction and coordinates of your location.
- Pocket mode UI element: When you put your phone in your pocket, a small icon will appear on the screen to indicate that pocket mode is enabled. This prevents accidental touches and unlocks while the phone is in your pocket.
- Zomato now supports Glyph Progress, a feature on your lock screen that displays progress bars for different activities like fitness, meditation, and reading. Additionally, Zomato users can now track their food delivery status directly on their lock screen through this feature.
- Improved ‘OTG Compatibility’ toggle: The ‘OTG Compatibility’ toggle in the settings allows you to connect external USB devices to your phone, such as flash drives, keyboards, or mice. The toggle has been improved to make it easier to use and more compatible with different devices.
What’s improved in the update?
The update also brings some improvements to the performance and stability of the Nothing Phone (2), such as:
- Increased Screen Recorder capture resolution: The Screen Recorder feature lets you record your screen activity and save it as a video file. The capture resolution has been increased from 720p to 1080p, resulting in higher quality recordings.
- Adjusted keyboard and pop-up animation speeds: The keyboard and pop-up animations have been adjusted to make them faster and smoother, enhancing the user experience.
- Improved haptic feedback and NFC stability: The haptic feedback and NFC functions have been improved to make them more responsive and reliable, especially when using gestures or making payments.
- Enhanced Bluetooth connection stability: The Bluetooth connection has been enhanced to make it more stable and less prone to interruptions or disconnections.
What’s fixed in the update?
The update also fixes some minor UI issues and bugs that were reported by users, such as:
- Fixed an issue where the status bar icons would overlap with the notch area
- Fixed an issue where the camera app would crash when switching between modes
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint sensor would not work properly in some cases
- Fixed an issue where the battery percentage would not update correctly
- Fixed an issue where the dark mode would not apply to some apps
How to get the update?
The update is being released gradually, so it might not reach your device immediately. To manually check for the update, go to Settings > System > System updates and tap on Check for updates. If it is available, you can download and install it, ensuring your phone has sufficient battery and a stable Wi-Fi connection.